Deconsecrated Church of S. Giovanni Evangelista
Church built in 1701.
It is today disenchanted and used as a theater.
The Church of the Disciplinants (Battuti Neri) is dedicated to S. Giovanni Evangelista.
Built in 1701 on the site of a preexisting cult building, already remembered in 1607, it is composed of an octagonal central hall of considerable height, an elegant pronaos with simple arches and two rooms once used as sacristy and chapel (S. Anna).
From the first half of the nineteenth century stands the bell tower in bricks, detached from the rest of the building. After a radical restoration operation carried out since 1983, the church has been used as a municipal theater.
In the Via S. Rocco, which starts behind S. Giovanni, about 400 m in a south-westerly direction, we find the homonym Chapel, built at the beginning of the 17th century to impose heavenly protection from the scourge of the plague.
It was restored in 1967.